You’ve collected your A level results and the next big step is ready and waiting for you. You’ve confirmed your place at university – congratulations!
The best years of your life are right around the corner, but what do you need to take with you for your first year at university? As a fresher, packing for your first year at university is tricky you’ll want to take everything with you.
Our big student university checklist helps you outline the essential items you need to take with you.
However, before we start getting into it here’s some quick tips to keep in mind:
- Aim to travel light - you can always go home for more later
- Don’t splash out on expensive items
- Before you go out and buy anything, make sure you’ve checked what the university will be providing
This checklist will help you get your head around what things you definitely need to take to university besides clothes, and a year’s supply of pot noodles!
☑ Important Documents:
- Course acceptance letter
- Accommodation documents
- Student finance documents
- Passport and/or driving license
- Passport photos for admin
- Bank card and account details
- Insurance documents
- Student discount cards
- National insurance number
☑ Electrical Items:
- Laptop or computer (and your netflix login!)
- Small TV – you’ll also need a TV license if you place on watching TV in your room
- Mobile phone – obviously!
- Docking station
☑ Stationary Checklist:
Everyone’s favourite part..
- Pens & pencils
- A4 Writing paper
- Folders with dividers
- Books – that may be required for your course
☑ Kitchen Essentials:
- Recipe book (the quicker and simplest will be used most!)
- Sauce pan set
- Small cutlery set
- 1 plate & 1 bowl
- 1 glass & 1 mug
- Baking tray
- Sharp knife
- Tupperware for storing food and packed lunches
☑ Bedroom Items:
- Bed sheets – including duvet, pillows and covers
- Alarm clock - as a back up to your phone alarm
- Coat hangers
- Laundry basket - one with a handle so you can carry it to the laundry room
- Photos of family & friends - don't forget the bluetack
- Clothes - for hot and cold days/nights
- Homely accessories
☑ Bathroom Essentials:
- Towels – one big and small
- Personal medication and supplies
- Air freshener
- Wash bag – Including toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel and make up etc
- Toilet roll pack
- First aid kit
☑ Self-catered Halls or Private Flat Checklist:
If you’re living in fully catered halls of residence you won’t need any of this stuff, but if you’re living in self-catering accommodation then you may need some of the following:
- A study desk – If a desk isn’t provided then you may want to consider investing in your own office desk so you can study from the comfort of your bedroom in a dedicated space
- A office chair – Having a comfortable chair will help improve your productivity whilst studying
- Kitchen essentials – You may need to take with you a kettle, toaster and microwave etc, but be careful as you may end up with many of the same appliance in one house if you’re sharing.
University Essentials from Kit Out My Office
Come to Kit Out My Office for your university essentials and you’ll find thousands of office desks available in different sizes, shapes and styles to choose from suitable for your bedroom. With choice of up to 16 colour options with prices starting from only £94 you can be sure to find something to suit your taste and budget. We also have a great range of office chairs to choose so you can be sitting comfortable whilst producing your assignments.
All of our office desks are made in our own UK factory and manufactured to the highest standards. We hold FSC and ISO certificates – which is why we offer a 10 year guarantee on our desks.
If you need any advice or further information on any of our products or services, call a friendly member of our experienced sales team on 0800 8044 760, or email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
← Older Post
Newer Post →