When buying furniture for a new office creating a reception area is often the last thing you think about, or even budget for. However, it really is a must and should be high priority if you want your business to be recognisable and stand out from your competitors. The reception area is the front window to your business you need to make sure the area is attractive and functional, but also reflects your brand.
“You’ll never get a second chance to make a great first impression”
If you don’t have a reception desk in your office then chances are you may be losing out on new business. The office reception area can cause potential clients to make up their mind about your business in just a few seconds, this can be before they’ve even decided if you’re good enough to work, with which is why you need to make sure you add a welcoming entrance to your business.
While you can’t control what people think about your business, you can try and make a good first impression. We’ve put together a few ways you can impress your guests with the success and professionalism of your business in your reception area.
- Durable and attractive Furniture – Having furniture that will last, and also looks great, is essential for an office reception area due to the amount of guests that will be coming in and out of the business.
- Branded Material – Having branded items such as pens and notes for guests to takeaway with them gives your business a professional feel. Branded items are an easy way to keep your brand relevant with your target audience as it reminds people of your business whenever they use the items.
- Natural Lighting and plants – Plenty of light gives a feeling of space and reassurance, whilst plants can decrease stress and enhance productivity.
- Reflect your brand – The colours and logos in your reception area should reflect the style and colours of your business.
- Refreshments – Offer visitors water and tea to keep them refreshed whilst they wait – think of the car showroom where there is always a welcoming aroma of fresh coffee!
Reception Furniture from Kit Out My Office
The size and layout of your office will have a big impact on how much space can be dedicated to your reception area. You need to ensure that the area is open as no one wants to sit in a cramped space.
If you don’t have much floor-space to work with then a reception desk starter unit is a great looking desk and can help you easily create a lasting impression on guests. However, if size isn’t comprised in your office then you can create a modular reception unit in any shape using a reception desk starter unit, curved reception desk corner unit and a return reception desk.
Office storage for your reception area is crucial for storing paperwork, adding privacy to your receptionists working area and can give you space for other projects.
It is important that you have comfortable seating for not only your guests, but also your receptionist. Although you don’t want to keep your guests waiting for long it is important to make sure that the seating options are comfortable and in a good condition because they need to be durable for the amount of people who will use them.
As your receptionist will sit down for nearly 8 hours a day they will need an ergonomic office chair that is comfortable and supportive. The visitor chairs or sofas will need to be attractive and comfortable, but also sturdy and easy to clean because there will be a lot of people sitting on the chairs everyday so it needs to be easy to maintain.
All our furniture is made in the UK from high quality materials, to exacting standards. Choose Kit Out My Office for office furniture online and you’ll benefits from free, next day delivery, honest advice and a 10 year guarantee on all our products.
For further information on any of our products or service, calls a friendly member of our experienced sales team on 0800 8044 760, or email firstname.lastname@example.org today.